Hello OP-101

Welcome to the OP-101 blog!

The purpose of this blog is to document, discuss, critique, and investigate Teenage Engineering's wonderful invention. (That's right, I just rocked an Oxford comma; deal with it!) Or at least lots of ranting and minutia.

I should mention that there won't be any comments directly on this blog; the explanation for this is slightly long-winded so please bear with me.

All of the posts I will be making here were initially planned to be threads on the OP-1 forums. That's really the best place for this sort of thing -- starting a conversation/live document where people can contribute and add details that I missed in my first pass. Sadly the formatting options on that particular forum leave a lot to be desired, with the result that anything longer than a short paragraph becomes an unreadable mess.

Since this blog will allow tables, lists, fonts, colours, and other readability-enhancing formatting, my hope is that by posting my thoughts here -- rather than on the forums -- you'll be able to more thoroughly enjoy reading, or at least not want to tear your eyeballs out of their sockets. Hence I'll be posting here en lieu of on the forums.

HOWEVER

Not wishing to in any way fragment the tiny community, I think it's more appropriate if discussion stemming from these posts takes place on a corresponding forum thread which I'll create and link to at the bottom of each blog post. I'll try to update the blog posts to reflect new info gleaned from the forum, but who knows how well that will turn out: I tend to be quite lazy, and besides -- I've got better things to do than edit blog posts! (I'm hinting here that the very act of writing these posts is somewhat annoying, since every minute away from the OP-1 is a minute wasted.)

Is this a foolish idea? Should I just post on the damn forums and hope people have the patience to look at the horrible wall of text that results? Or should I just leave well enough alone and let people figure out their own interpretation of what the hell "Telematic" means? (spoiler alert: it's just a wet/dry mix)

Only time will tell.


Anyway... hello!

p.s - Who am I? Just an OP-1 addict who can't resist geeking out over minutia. Delicious, delicious minutia. In case you're interested, I've made a Soundcloud page for some of the OP-1-based stuff I've been working on: voila!